Monday, November 5, 2007

Jordan's first post ... THE FIRE

Greetings all , your friendly neighbourhood Jordan here. I wanted to take this opportunity to inform the Winnipeg chess community that I recently have had a large fire @ my parents house amounting up to $300,000 in damages. I have been away from chess for a while and if anyone was wondering where I was this is what has dominated my life of late. Everyone in my family is safe and okay. We are insured. These are the positives. The fire happened as a result of me having a halogen desk lamp on my floor, reading into the early hours, I decided to go upstairs for a bite to eat. I may have only been upstairs cooking for 15-20 minutes, but that was unfortunately enough time to allow a fire to cumbust from the halogen lamp on top of my books. My 300+ book library also helped fuel the fire and in 10-15 minutes, my family lost most of our possessions. I have been staying at CanadInns Club Regent for over 2 weeks now, and the experience is becoming overwhelming . I feel of sound mind nonetheless, but it is a big struggle for me. Tragic events happen in everyones lives, and getting past them makes one a stronger person. I would appreciate talking to all my friends and buddies in Manitoba chess, I'd be happy to clairify any rumours you may have heard. Also I would appreciate the dialogue in this crazy time for me.

My email is ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fast_chess AT hotmail DOT com.

honestly,
Jordan Kwiatek

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nigel Hanrahan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.